Brushing teeth is part of our daily routine. But most of the people ignore it and don’t take the oral hygiene seriously. Usually, they start facing dental problems after very short time and it take a lot of their time and money to get healthy teeth back. It is easy to maintain good teeth, if you dedicate only few minutes to your oral care. Here we are discussing some simple and easy to do things, which will help you to maintain good teeth.
- Toothbrush is very important for the oral hygiene. It should be of good quality and it should be replaced regularly. The bristles of toothbrush lose their shape and they become soft after regular use. Their proper shape is very important for the proper cleaning of teeth. So, change it as soon as you see difference in shape. Additionally, dip it in mouthwash for few minutes to remove the bacteria growing on it.
- Many people have a misconception that floss can cause damage to their teeth. In fact, it is very important to floss daily, to maintain good teeth. It helps in removal of extra food particles, which are captured between your teeth. Moreover, it will help you to get rid of bad breath. Now a day, flossing threads are easily available you can also use water pick device if you are wearing braces.
- Majority of us ignore the importance of tongue brushing. Many bacteria grow on our tongue and for proper oral care and maintain good teeth, tongue cleaning is also very important. You can use antiseptic mouth wash for this purpose or tongue scrapers are also available.
- Take healthy diet and avoid excessive use of sweets and soft drinks. Anything having artificial sweetness can cause damage to your teeth.
- Visit your dentist regularly and as soon as possible, if you feel any problem in your teeth.
These are just the few tips to maintain good teeth.